I'm a college student writing a paper on Nintendo emulation for one of my computer science classes. Some of the points I'm covering include emulator efficiency and development issues. It would be a great help if I could get some feedback from anyone about the issues below. Note: I'm not a hardcore programmer and I've just skimmed the surface of the emulation scene so far. Thanks for any personal experience you can provide!
* What got you into NES emulation in the first place?
* What high level languages do you find are best for making an optimized NES emulator?
* What are the three hardest parts you've come across in making your emulation work? Is it because of the lack of resources that it doesn't work?
* What are some tips and tricks that can be done to enhance the efficiency of a NES emulator?
* Is it possible to create an emulator that runs more efficiently than the original NES itself?
Thanks again for any feedback to any of my questions!