I got this working, it works like a charm, except for that fact that plugging in a Game Genie gives me distorted sprites. I suspect that it may be due to something the chip inside is doing. So, I'm going to modify it so its just a passthrough.
Loopy, timing is very critical with this thing. Don't even try to get it working under Windows, it won't. I made a small DOS partition (32 megs), and made a boot CD that boots into DOS. I also had to mess around with my BIOS settings for the ports. It doesn't like fast computers, I couldn't get it to work on my Athlon XP 2000, it was just too fast.
However, it worked on my Celeron 366 just fine.
If your still interested in getting this thing to work ask away.