Alright, I'm looking at the specs for MMC1 (#1) in that viewer app you can download from this website, and I want to see if I can clarify some things:
1) I noticed that there is a range of addresses you can write to for a register, like for example register 0 spans 8000-9fff. What would be the difference, if, say, I write to 81af instead of 9b25?
2) There seems to be a diffrence between a 512k cart and a 1024 cart. How would I determine that for the emulator/NES?
3) I know I write to bit 7 of register 0 to reset the port, but would be the process, in which I would do that?
4) For register 1, bits 0-3, is that value merely the page number, which would be in a formula like this:
(starting spot in CHR-ROM) = (size of ROM area) * (page number)/(total number of pages)
(total number of pages) = (size of ROM area) / (size of each page)
5) What is this 256k PRG-ROM bank selection?
6) What is this about MMC1 registers reading only 1 bit at a time and values not being used until the entire 5-bit array is filled. Then it says that it can be reset (quod vide question 3) What does this imply? It also says that it has only one 5-bit array "for this data." This utterly confusing. Should I worry about it?
Thanks for taking the time in reading (and hopefully answering) my questions. I shall now sit back and await your replies.